The candidate will be responsible for identifying and documenting customer needs, processes, and requirements; developing technical designs and specifications for complex projects; creating, coding, testing, and debugging computer programs; developing test plans; and responding to and analyzing user inquiries regarding program problems. Project will include Portal and Web Content Management and Applications. Candidate will troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating systems and application issues. SharePoint experience a plus.
The organizational impact involves problem solving and decision making which pertain to the development, implementation, or interpretation of procedures and techniques or applications which are central to major business systems within the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
• Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
• Test and debug assigned components and units.
• Participate in large system and subsystem planning.
• Collaborate with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
• Write and update technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
• Troubleshoot problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
• Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Object-Oriented methodologies and successful software development and deployment
o MS Visual Studio .Net (VB.Net, C#.Net, ASP.Net) Framework
o Relational Database Experience: SQL with SQL Management Clients
o Strong hands-on ability with languages
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and the SDLC
o Knowledge of prototyping tools
o Proficiency in database architecture and design
o Ability to use debugging tools to test programs
o Good problem solving and decision making skills
o Ability to clearly express technical concepts both orally and in writing
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, a strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
o Must be able to balance the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues
• Must be a skilled, creative problem solver, independent of any specific technology
• Must have the ability to perform at a high level and be willing to learn new technologies and practices
• Must be persistent in the pursuit of results
• Must be able to work cooperatively with others encouraging participation and valuing the contribution of others
• Strong report writing ability using SSRS and/or Crystal reports.
• Ability to create and design Dashboards is a plus
Education and Required Experience
• Bachelors degree or applicable experience
• Direct applicable experience may be substituted for a degree at a rate of two years of experience for each one year of education
• Minimum 4 years of Information Systems related experience
• History of successful software development and implementation
Due to the sensitive nature of our defense contracts, candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship status.
VACCO Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer