The Lead Test Engineer is responsible for performing various tasks for planning, inspection, verification, and validation. The Lead Test Engineer is part of the verification and validation team and will support of all fluid product lines (Navy/Space/Industrial). The Lead Test Engineer will work within a cross-functional team setting, supporting test efforts on components from all equipment categories from fully recurring (heritage), through modified, to new designs. The Lead Test Engineer will support the product life cycle phases from proof-of-concept through system/subsystem model or prototype demonstration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties include:
• Perform technical lead duties for Test Engineering group including scheduling assignments, monitoring project performance, and mentoring junior test engineers and technicians.
• Responsible for minimizing budget and schedule overruns.
• Provide engineering support on projects for all aspects of in-house or outside testing as assigned including test design, drafting, planning, documentation, quotation, research and analysis.
• Create various reports in support of customer specified SDRL's.
• Establish and maintain V&V test facilities, procedures, processes and equipment.
• Develop test strategies and plans including cost and schedule estimates for assigned projects.
• Create and maintain project specific documents such as test plans, procedures, work instructions and reports.
• Craft and maintain test stand schematics.
• Provide status and estimates-to-complete for assigned tasks on demand.
• Provide engineering surveillance and supervision of internal and outside testing.
• Research, select, design, procure, assemble, checkout, operate, document and maintain test stands, facilities, setups, fixtures, tools, software and instrumentation.
• Operate/program a variety of computer automated and manual test equipment including Data Acquisition systems, control systems and sensors.
• Ensure V&V department conforms to all safety, environmental and other VACCO and/or ESCO policies.
• Manage and maintain in good working order and proper calibration V&V test facilities and equipment.
• Regularly interface with the Manufacturing Test Group providing technical assistance as needed.
The candidate must:
• Directly supervise employees in the Test Engineering group in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
• Experience with production test equipment (e.g., Automatic Test Equipment, thermal chambers, and vibration tables) and familiarity of a standard product development and lifecycle process.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, contract documentation, and government/industry standards and specifications as well as familiarity with data acquisition systems, data analysis, and processing.
• Experience in writing automation applications using LabView or similar tools.
• Proven skills working independently and in a team environment.
• Extensive knowledge of verification and validation test processes.
• Experience in creating development/acceptance/qualification test procedures, test reports.
• Ability to comprehend complex customer component specifications.
• Capability to read and interpret Blueprint and schematic drawings.
• Experience with, and understanding of, military, aerospace, and industry specifications.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills both orally and written.
• Capacity to compose technical reports/data in support of customer deliverables.
• Proficient in interpreting and analyzing mechanical specifications and data.
• Competence to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Working knowledge of MS computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Requires U.S. Citizenship or permanent U.S. residency status.
• Adeptness to establish priorities, organize work, and be held accountable to budget and schedule.
• Capable of using computer aided engineering and Design (CAE/CAD) software such as NX NASTRAN, PATRAN, FEMAP, EASY5 / AMESIM, MathCAD, MS Excel, NASGRO, Autodesk Flow / CFDesign, NX CAD and Autodesk Inventor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
B.S. Degree in Engineering (B.S.M.E. preferred) from a four-year college or university; a minimum of eight (8) years of test engineering or related experience and/or training, preferably in an Aerospace environment; or an equivalent number of years of education.