This position has primary responsibility for supporting and providing oversight of the VACCO Management System (Quality Management System). This position is responsible for ensuring the existing system is implemented and followed and is instrumental in improving the quality system as applicable. As needed, assists other quality engineers to accomplish various tasks. Has a clear understanding of the knowledge and skill necessary to satisfactorily perform all assigned responsibilities including review of all documents and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the quality system is implemented, followed and the site maintains adherence to quality policies, processes, and procedures.
• Evaluate, develop, update, and maintain quality policies and procedures in accordance with industry standards and regulations.
• Provide guidance to the site personnel on quality system policies, procedures, and requirements, working directly with cross functional teams and departments to ensure compliance is achieved.
• Serve as a liaison between VACCO Industries and various auditing agencies.
• Perform self-audits and develop action plans for improving compliance from the self-audit results.
• Perform third-party audit, accreditation, and customer audit readiness activities by evaluating documentation, records and ensuring personnel are auditready.
• Provide support to the department and site as needed during audits.
• Create and manage internal audit schedule to ensure compliance to AS9100 as well as other regulatory standards; serve as the Audit Administrator.
• Monitor and manage the corrective action system to ensure responses are provided in a timely manner and that actions are completed as planned.
• Serve as the CAR Administrator to review and approve corrective action responses to help drive team members to the true root cause.
• Perform document maintenance and retention for the Quality Management System.
• Analyze product and system data trends, generate performance analysis, and lead continual improvement activities.
• Prior quality assurance experience, ability to communicate new requirements/specifications and make quality decisions based on customer and plan specifications.
• Able to work with various internal groups and teams and can prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to support effective correspondence with internal and external customers/suppliers.
• Proficient use of MS Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Outlook.
• Ability to read and interpret Blueprint drawings and specifications.
• Previous Quality System and internal auditing experience.
• Detailed understanding and experience with ISO 9001, AS9100, Nadcap or other regulated industry experience.
• Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and latest relevant industry standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 2-5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field
• 1 year of experience with a Master’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field
• A minimum of 3 years of experience and/or training in a Quality Assurance Department in an Aerospace manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience with a High School diploma or GED Certificate
Due to the nature of our defense contracts, candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship status.