This position encompasses a dual role; export controls and contract administration. The Trade Compliance Specialist will be assigned as the company “Empowered Official” responsible for all aspects of Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) compliance. As Contract Administrator, will be responsible for all phases of contracts administration including development of proposals/quotations, contract negotiation, risk assessment, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Trade Compliance Specialist (Empowered Official):
• Enforces all applicable rules and regulations of the ITAR and/or the EAR.
• Maintains VACCO’s Export Compliance Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Keeps legally required records.
• Oversees and verifies export authorizations for VACCO’s products and services.
• Provides ITAR and EAR compliance training to all VACCO employees.
• Coordinates internal and external compliance audits and reviews.
• Acts as liaison between approved freight forwarders and VACCO.
• Maintains list of all VACCO products approved for export.
• Identifies ITAR/EAR controlled products and ensures their proper classifications.
• Processes all export license applications, exemptions, TAAs, MLAs, and other agreements, and maintains all supporting documentation.
• Oversees the preparation of all required paperwork related to controlled exports, including AES filing, commercial invoices, and maintaining copies as required.
• Prepares and submits necessary export-related requests and reports to appropriate U.S. Government agencies, including Commodity Jurisdiction requests (and, in the case of EAR-controlled exports, ECCN determination requests).
• Reviews all changes to the ITAR, the EAR, and other relevant export regulations, in order to assess their impact on VACCO’s business.
• Coordinates periodic reviews, assessments, internal audits, and third-party audits of VACCO’s export compliance program.
• Prepares/reviews/approves all export-related correspondence with U.S. Government regulatory bodies.
• Promptly notifies VACCO’s Senior Management of any process flow issues or violations related to exports.
• Interfaces with VACCO employees and management as well as corporate legal, as required, in monitoring export controls compliance.
• Ensures compliance in all areas of exports.
• Performs risk assessment of RFPs/RFQs including review and red-lining of Terms and Conditions.
• Prepares proposals/quotations in coordination with Pricing, Sales and Marketing, and technical functional groups.
• Performs conformance reviews of awarded contracts.
• Reviews and interprets all contractual data including FAR/DFAR/CAS requirements and commercial terms and conditions.
• Interfaces with internal/external customers and all levels of management.
• Evaluates risks, indemnities and liabilities associated with business transactions and submits findings to management with recommendations.
• Reviews and executes nondisclosure and teaming agreements.
• Conducts price, terms and conditions negotiations in accordance with management guidelines.
• Insures timely entry of all new orders/projects and contract changes into the computerized order/project entry system.
• Maintains custody of all contractual documents.
• Interprets contractual terms and conditions and provides advice and council to functional departments and management on contractual rights and commitments.
• Resolves business problems by exercising sound judgment within broadly defines policies.
• Monitors contract performance and reports progress to customers and management as required.
Thorough knowledge of FAR, DFARS, export regulations pertaining to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as well as Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Previous experience as an Empowered Official preferred. Proven track record as a leader in export control compliance. Familiarity with all contract types including firm fixed price, cost reimbursement, and T & M. Experience in working smoothly with internal/external customers. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, interfacing effectively with program managers, project engineers and corporate legal. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment is essential. Strong negotiation background. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset. General knowledge of automated order/project entry in business database such as SAP, Oracle or WDS. Refined written and oral skills.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Requires U.S. Citizenship.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Preferred Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline (MBA or JD is a plus) or equivalent years of experience plus education. A minimum of five to ten (5-10) years of experience in export controls compliance and administration of DOD and commercial contracts.