The Engineer II - V&V Certification is responsible for performing various tasks for planning, inspection, verification, and validation. The Engineer II - V&V Certification is part of the verification and validation team and will support all fluid product lines (Navy/Space/Industrial). The Engineer II - V&V Certification will work within a cross-functional team setting, performing tasks on components from all equipment categories from fully recurring (heritage), through modified, to new designs as well as existing production (failure investigations). The Engineer II - V&V Certification will support the product life cycle phases from proof-of-concept through system/subsystem model or prototype demonstration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties include:
• Reduce customer statement of work and component specifications into set of requirements, create a comprehensive verification and validation plan, and assign duties to respective groups.
• Coordinate V&V plan schedule, monitor progress, and course correct as needed.
• Ensure groups are executing plan properly.
• Maintain the verification cross reference matrix.
• Create various reports in support of customer specified SDRL's.
• Support proposal efforts, specifically cost estimating of V&V tasks.
• Manage test data correlation database.
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
• Extensive knowledge of verification and validation processes (Inspection, Demonstration, Analysis, and Test.)
• Experience with requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS.)
• Ability to understand CAE/CFD/FEA, M&P, and Testing functions.
• Knowledge of applicable engineering theory, methods, and practices.
• Ability to comprehend complex customer component specifications.
• Capability to read and interpret Blueprint and schematic drawings.
• Experience with, and understanding of, military, aerospace, and industry specifications.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills both orally and written.
• Capacity to compose technical reports/data in support of customer deliverables.
• Proficient in interpreting and analyzing mechanical specifications and data.
• Competence to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Working knowledge of MS computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Requires U.S. Citizenship or permanent U.S. residency status.
• Adeptness to establish priorities, organize work, and be held accountable to budget and schedule.
• Possess interpersonal skills required to build relationships and work in a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
B.S. degree in Aerospace/Mechanical, Engineering Mechanics, or other relevant degrees from or a four-year college or university; a minimum of five (5) years of engineering V&V or related experience and/or training, preferably in an Aerospace or Defense manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.