Assist in the set up and operation of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electromechanical assemblies for Space, Navy, and/or Aircraft applications. Assemble and test production hardware and their subassemblies using blueprints and other written and verbal specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform work duties provided by immediate Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
• Clean, assemble and test various valves and filters following written procedures and other appropriate documentation.
• Interpret assembly setup requirements from written procedures and successfully complete assembly.
• Interpret test system schematics and successfully construct test system by obtaining correct system components and fabrication of stainless steel tubing, including cutting, bending and flaring.
• Interpret test setup requirements from written procedures and successfully test component.
• Perform testing using gases (Nitrogen and helium) and water.
• Perform testing at ambient temperatures as well as extreme cold and hot temperatures during thermal testing.
• Read and interpret test data, and record neatly and accurately on appropriate data sheets. Recognize and report any out-of-family conditions or discrepancies.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
• Maintain assembly and test setups in good working order.
The technician must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar work environment. The technician must be able to setup and operate tools required for assembly including, but not limited to standard hand tools, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, and feeler gauges, vise, arbor press, micrometers, depth mics, calipers and microscope. Basic blueprint reading and comprehension is also required. Must be able to operate equipment required for testing including, but not limited to; multimeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, pressure gauges and transducers, data recorders, load cells, flowmeters. Good verbal and written English communication skills. Basic mathematic skills required to calculate simple formulas and conversions. Strong reasoning ability a must.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of three (3) years similar job experience
for entry level technicians preferably in an aerospace manufacturing environment or a combination of education and work experience.
Due to the sensitive nature of our defense contracts, candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship status.
VACCO Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.