• The Operations Manager needs to meet and exceed business objectives ensuring consistent achievement of all financial and operational KPIs.
• Required to manage (in partnership with the wider team) multiple product lines to deliver customer expectations.
• Manage, inspire and motivate a number of Operation Managers to ensure operational excellence, high employee engagement and efficiency improvement is achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the operations lead of a group of Operations Managers or technicians for the delivery of the overall operational metrics & sales targets of a Business Unit
• To proactively maintain regular communications with management of other departments in line with the senior leadership’s expectations.
• Ensure delivery of company’s Operations KPI and PIs targets including On-time-Delivery, Utilizations and Efficiency
• Responsible for the development of the technicians’ talent pool by optimizing the skills of the existing team, in partnership with HR to attract external talent, in line with the agreed framework, succession planning will be in place to ensure key roles are filled and individual talent is recognized
• The continuous identification implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider team.
• Motivate and effectively performance manage Operations Managers within the account to ensure delivery of overall Sales targets.
• Selecting, effectively managing and coaching Operations Managers
• Execute a well-defined Communication and Engagement model in place to ensure all of their teams understand the performance of our business and also that they understand the needs of their teams
• Ability to demonstrate achievement of results e.g. business improvements, cost savings, revenue generation
• Excellent leadership, people management, communication and influencing skills at a senior level
• Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
• Ability to demonstrate been able to translate business strategy into day-to-day delivery
• Formulate strategic and operational objectives.
• Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability.
• Manage budgets and forecasts
• Ability to manage and influence key stakeholders
• Proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar role
• Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
• Experience budgeting and forecasting
• Familiarity with business and financial principles
• Excellent communication skills
• Leadership ability
• Outstanding organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree
• A minimum of 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, walk and reach with hands and arms as well as some bending and/or stooping. Occasional light lifting of reams of paper or books up to 20 lbs. or equivalent may be required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Majority of work is performed in a typical office environment with no major sources of discomfort. Essentially a normal controlled working environment with noise levels within acceptable safety limits and acceptable lighting and temperature conditions.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct and control specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it seems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous description for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
VACCO INDUSTRIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER