Manages the development and implementation of Quality Control function to insure that VACCO Products meet specifications and contractual agreements. In addition to all Quality Control requirement this position will also be responsible for the management of the Calibration Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
• Formulate and maintain quality assurance/control objectives.
• Create, interpret and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
• Monitor and improve as necessary receiving inspection cycle time.
• Oversee receipt inspection activities and in-process inspection.
• Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
• Manage workers engaged in inspection and testing.
• Work with vendors and Supplier Quality Manager to insure the quality of all purchased parts for company use.
• Design and implement quality control training programs to key.
• Investigate and respond to customer rejections or complaints with regard to quality control.
Direct knowledge or experience with Six Sigma training, strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills. Proficiency in all MS office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Strong analytical skills and writing skills are required. Hands on experience involving product verification, using standard MTE and completion of first article inspections.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate discipline. A minimum of six (6) years of quality related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience including a minimum of four (4) years of Management experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
Position requires that candidates be able to verify their status as a US Citizen.
VACCO Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.