The Manufacturing Engineer plans, coordinates and implements manufacturing processes in the assembly and testing of Aerospace components. Develops, evaluates and continuously improves assembly and test methods, utilizing lean and six sigma principles. Create standardized manufacturing documentation, such as routers, work instructions, assembly and test procedures. Develops and implements automation in the processes to improve capability and efficiency in the manufacturing processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Industrial engineering.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role.
• Knowledge, understanding and proven adeptness in assembling and testing of products in a manufacturing environment.
• Aerospace Assembly and Testing experience.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team with the accounting department and cross-functionally with other departments.
• Time standards knowledge and understanding.
• Lean manufacturing and Six sigma experience to enhance customer and vendor relationships.
• Understanding and proven adeptness in assembling and testing of products in a clean room environment. Strong drafting skills. Ability to be a self-starter and requiring little or no supervision.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook). AutoCAD/3D Inventor experience preferred.
• Should possess skills in drafting technology and ability to interpret blueprint drawings and written specifications, cost estimating and tool design.
Due to the sensitive nature of our defense contracts, candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship status.
VACCO Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.