Assist with building, modifying and maintaining test systems. With ample guidance from an MTT, and/or the group Supervisor, the MTT I will be responsible for providing support while learning all aspects of the Manufacturing Test Technician’s role, including tube fabrication, instrumentation and component recognition and understanding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With assistance from an MTT II will acquire working knowledge of blueprints and/or schematics in order to properly build and/or modify complete test systems from conception to design through fabrication, including the acquisition of necessary components, applying skills in tube bending, flaring and mounting, electrical wiring and software interfacing to complete projects as assigned.
• May be required to work with Engineering in the design and development of thermal vacuum test systems for use in Manufacturing and/or Engineering development.
• Confers with engineering personnel to resolve fabrication problems relating to specifications and review test plans.
• Setup any data recording equipment as needed for new systems.
• Maintain and repair test equipment.
• May assemble and test prototypes from blueprints and/or sketches.
• Assist in any training of manufacturing personnel on the use of new equipment/systems, which may include thermal vacuum systems.
• Provide maintenance and support for test equipment in all Manufacturing areas i.e. Space, Navy, Aircraft and Filter test areas.
• Confer with engineers, technicians, production, quality control and other technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or equipment issues, malfunctions, incomplete test data and interpretation with regard to systems design and testing procedures and results in order to resolve problems.
Ability to operate various types of standard and special test equipment such as data acquisition equipment, multimeters and standard precision inspection tools, read and interpret procedures, blueprint and schematic drawings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or technical school; or two (2) years of acquired technical experience in a manufacturing environment and/or training.
VACCO INDUSTRIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER