Responsible for investigating, analyzing and resolving supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
• Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule.
• Conduct on-site and desk top supplier audits, understand contract review, to drive process standardization, time waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
• Monitor, communicate and improve Key Supply Chain KPI’s, including Supplier On-Time-Delivery and Supplier Quality Ratings.
• Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals.
• Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
• Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure flow of supply.
• Develop long‐term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
• Perform onsite supplier visits, source inspections, solid understanding of first article flow downs, shop travelers, precision measurement, machined part dimensions, outside processing, cert-package readiness and part protection during the shipping process.
• Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting company requirements.
• Drive “First Time Quality and Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
• Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality problems, aide in the new, probationary and rejected supplier transition processes.
• Assure compliance to all applicable legal requirements, company and customer flow downs to the supplier.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non‐conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
• Identify and record any problems relating to the product process and quality system.
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
• Verify the implementation of solutions.
Solid understanding of AS9100 Rev, D, ISO 9001 2015. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word Outlook) as well as company ERP systems. Strong organizational skills, Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of project management. Knowledge of various quality system methodologies RCCA, 4 Square, 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Data Mining, Six Sigma, PPAP, DFMEA, PFEMA, Rejection Reports, MRB Process. May be required to travel 25% of the time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business-related field is desired; or 4 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience and certifications.
Due to the sensitive nature of our defense contracts, candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship status.
VACCO Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer