Assumes the lead role in the development of new products, implementation of product improvements and resolving production issues. Responsible for evaluating materials and developing processes, including welding, to manufacture products that must meet specialized design and performance specifications. Select the right materials including metal and metal alloys, ceramics, plastics and polymers for aerospace applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support weld activities of the company including weld qualification.
2. Support failure analysis of aerospace hardware including weld defects, defects in metals, etc.
3. Review drawings and provide M&P support for flawless design.
4. Review and analyze program requirements and generate documents like materials usage agreements.
5. Provide technical consultation to design & manufacturing.
• Bachelor of Science in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy as a minimum
• Five years minimum experience in materials & processes with emphasis on metal alloys & polymers used in aerospace industry.
• Metallurgical laboratory expertise including SEM & Optical Metallography
• Understanding aerospace, NASA & industrial specs a plus.
• Expertise in EB, TIG and Laser welding & weld specifications e.g. AWS D17.1, AMS 2680/2681