The Engineer I - Test is responsible for performing various tasks for planning, inspection, verification, and validation. The Engineer I - Test is part of the verification and validation team and will support of all fluid product lines (Navy/Space/Industrial). The Engineer I - Test will work within a cross-functional team setting, supporting test efforts on components from all equipment categories from fully recurring (heritage), through modified, to new designs. The Engineer I - Test will support the product life cycle phases from proof-of-concept through system/subsystem model or prototype demonstration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties include:
• Provide engineering support on projects for all aspects of in-house or outside testing as assigned including test design, drafting, planning, documentation, quotation, research and analysis.
• Create various reports in support of customer specified SDRL's.
• Establish and maintain V&V test facilities, procedures, processes and equipment.
• Develop test strategies and plans including cost and schedule estimates for assigned projects.
• Create and maintain project specific documents such as test plans, procedures, work instructions and reports.
• Craft and maintain test stand schematics.
• Provide status and estimates-to-complete for assigned tasks on demand.
• Provide engineering surveillance and supervision of internal and outside testing.
• Research, select, design, procure, assemble, checkout, operate, document and maintain test stands, facilities, setups, fixtures, tools, software and instrumentation.
• Operate/program a variety of computer automated and manual test equipment including Data Acquisition systems, control systems and sensors.
• Ensure V&V department conforms to all safety, environmental and other VACCO and/or ESCO policies.
• Manage and maintain in good working order and proper calibration V&V test facilities and equipment.
• Regularly interface with the Manufacturing Test Group providing technical assistance as needed.
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
• Experience with production test equipment (e.g., Automatic Test Equipment, thermal chambers, and vibration tables) and familiarity of a standard product development and lifecycle process.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, contract documentation, and government/industry standards and specifications as well as familiarity with data acquisition systems, data analysis, and processing.
• Experience in writing automation applications using LabView or similar tools.
• Proven skills working independently and in a team environment.
• Extensive knowledge of verification and validation test processes.
• Experience in creating development/acceptance/qualification test procedures, test reports.
• Ability to comprehend complex customer component specifications.
• Capability to read and interpret Blueprint and schematic drawings.
• Experience with, and understanding of, military, aerospace, and industry specifications.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills both orally and written.
• Capacity to compose technical reports/data in support of customer deliverables.
• Proficient in interpreting and analyzing mechanical specifications and data.
• Competence to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Working knowledge of MS computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Requires U.S. Citizenship or permanent U.S. residency status.
• Adeptness to establish priorities, organize work, and be held accountable to budget and schedule.
• Capable of using computer aided engineering and Design (CAE/CAD) software such as NX NASTRAN, PATRAN, FEMAP, EASY5 / AMESIM, MathCAD, MS Excel, NASGRO, Autodesk Flow / CFDesign, NX CAD and Autodesk Inventor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
B.S. Degree in Engineering (B.S.M.E. preferred) from a four-year college or university; a minimum of five (5) years of test engineering or related experience and/or training, preferably in an Aerospace environment; or an equivalent number of years of education.